Hardware and Software
- Separate DJ Music from your other music by moving it into a new location, ie DJ Music. Within that create a folder XXXX Added where XXXX is the year purchased, to separate music by time purchased. This is helpful when playing more recent music more often.
- Traktor can READ (not write) the iTunes Library XML file. Traktor ratings and metadata changes do not cross over into iTunes. This file can be provided by any application:
- Changes made in Traktor do not carry over into the library provider.
- iTunes is suitable, with limitations:
- iTunes ratings and metadata changes do not cross over into Traktor.
- iTunes cannot create smart playlists based on path information, unless Sundry Info to Comments is used.
These changes do not save into the file metadata.
- iTunes is not available on macOS Mojave.
- Beatport Pro is unsuitable:
- Can not create Smart Playlists based on Paths (no workaround).
- Syncing songs to be Beatport is done on a per song selection basis, unsuitable for bulk syncing.
- Syncing does not update Year of release, so can't add Smart Playlists based on that.
- Repopulating the library removes the files from dated Downloads Playlists.
- This makes it unsuitable.
- Swansian is unsuitable:
- Swansian has no native export.
- Swinsian2itlxm, which exports to iTunes Library XML does not export smart playlists (such as files with a path containing 2019 Added) (no plans)