To prevent rethreading the same research paths, I'm documenting my bookmark journey.
I'm currently using Firefox across my devices and using it's inbuilt bookmark system.
- Bookmarks are searchable from the address bar, because that's where I do my searching.
- Contents are archived to prevent link rot. Thanks to Archivor and Web Archives, I can search for any broken bookmark.
- Bookmark contents are searchable (using Fafi).
I've added the following addons:
- Archivor - Sends all bookmarks to the internet archive so I can retrieve them if they get lost. This replaces many paid services.
- Bookmark Dupes - Easily remove duplicate bookmarks, for example after importing from another service, or after adding the bookmark multiple times. It is very fast as it seems to compare via hashing. I disable the addon after running.
- Bookmark Organiser - Correct redirections and remove broken bookmarks. Because of redirections it makes sense to run this one before Bookmark Dupes, but it is a lot slower as it visits every bookmark. I disable the addon after running.